Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314 LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 140

Thread: Thomas Jones = SW VA pride

  1. #121
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: Thomas Jones = SW VA pride

    you said you were interested in the comments on the board when you get back from the game. Are you going down there?

    I got to go when the Packers won in '97 (was only in 4th grade at the time) and it was an experience of a lifetime.

    I will be rooting for the Bears. But you mentioned how people will be commenting that Turner threw too much and didnt give TJ the ball or gave Benson too many carries. I will say this, the Bears fate rests on running the ball, be it TJ or benson or AP. If Rex has to/is told to throw it 35-40 times i really dont see the bears winning. Do you think thats a fair assessment?

  2. #122
    Inactive Member burton2019's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 8th, 2004
    Posts
    7,723
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Thomas Jones = SW VA pride

    No way the Bears blow out Indy. This will a close game. If the Bears dont establish the run it will be over quick.

  3. #123
    Inactive Member imported_mega's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2004
    Posts
    5,094
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Thomas Jones = SW VA pride

    yeah thats kinda what i meant starbuck, he didnt play due to an off the field injury. Saying Winslow isnt durable is sorta like saying Rothlisburger isnt.

    I bet seeing the Pack win it all was cool.(although Im not allowed to like em). Im not going to the game, what I meant was when I get back on the board later on. I love going to Miami and I can afford a superbowl ticket, but to be honest, I feel like Id be wasting my money. Its the opportunity of a lifetime, but I cant afford to throw around money like that.

    I would say its a fair assessment although Rex does have the ability to get really hot. Hes more of a streak QB with lots of ability. Dilfer wasnt really like that. When Rex does get hot, I would give him the OK to throw the ball 35 times.

    In this game though, I say keep it close to the end by minimizing mistakes and let the chips fall where they may.

  4. #124
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Thomas Jones = SW VA pride

    and as the Steelers proved last year you can win it all with your QB having a very very bad day. Roethlisburger may have carried the team in the playoffs but the team carried him in the Superbowl. That is coming from a long time Steeler fan, a fan for 29 years and counting
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

  5. #125
    Inactive Member imported_mega's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2004
    Posts
    5,094
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Thomas Jones = SW VA pride

    Hey Bradshaw wasnt the prettiest out there, but he got the job done.

    Elway's Qb rating was lower than Rex's was back in 86. Denver had no chance against the Giants but it shows that you can get it done with less than stellar qb play.

  6. #126
    HB Forum Owner R0cketer's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    7,632
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Thomas Jones = SW VA pride

    Wow we're going to name calling...funny how that always shows up when someone doesn't like being questioned. I'll take the high road on you [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

    Let's see, shot down the greatness theory the other day

    Now you screw up on Winslow's number of years...yeah you meant that his one year was of course the 2 years he played.

    Really, start thinking for yourself, instead of whatever board you read.

    You have some sort of 'hate' for the area or something. Its like people here can't think or imagine that Winslow was one of the top 3 TEs in the league this year. Well if I had to rank it would be Gates, Gonzales, Crumpler, your previously mentioned Witten, if not others ahead of him.

    Lets see Winslow lead TE in receptions. Good job there.
    He was 3rd in yards, again not to bad there.
    Yards per game, third again.
    Average per catch...well he gets hammered here pretty good. Skipping over people who shouldn't count (those with 5-10 catches for the year), he is beat Crumpler, Desmond Clark, Ben Watson, Gates, Chris Cooley, Gonazles, LJ Smith, Witten, Miller even, Heap, Randy McMichael and a few others with lesser numbers. But hey he beats out Shockey, Jermaine Wiggins, Alex Smith, Steve Heiden and not much else. They key part in that is the others averaged a first down, he did not. You of course could say oh but look at what he had to get him the ball, the other threats, etc...but when comments like that were made about Thomas and his Cards days, its viewed as excuses.

    As far as the stat that counts, touchdowns he is in a big tie for 16th (with Vernon Davis, Ben Watson, Randy McMichael, Robert Royal, George Wrighster, Daniel Wilcox, Alex Smith, and Brandon Manumaleuna). He is beaten by such great players as Gates, Crumpler, Shockey, Desmond Clark, Cooley, Heap, Gonzales, LJ Smith, Miller, Owen Daniels, Tony Scheffler, Dan Campbell, Dallas Clark, Jeremey Stevens, and Chris Baker.

    In 20 yard+ catches he is fourth.
    In 40 yard+ catches he is in a huge tie, with 6 guys one ahead.

    He caught a lot of balls, and did average with them. I realize that he didn't have a ton of talent around him but there was others who were bunched up with him in most categories who didn't either. I'd say you would have little problem getting most people to say he was a top 5 TE, but if someone doesn't agree he was #3, I would think that they would have enough material to validate their opinion.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

  7. #127
    Inactive Member imported_mega's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2004
    Posts
    5,094
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Thomas Jones = SW VA pride

    No name calling bro, just my nickname for ya.

    what greatness theory are we even talking about?

    Winslow has been in the league 3 years, played 2, sorry for the ambiguity. I considered the DNP year of off the field issues as a non year.

    I can think for myself Rockaqueer, however I tend to post on the canes and bears boards more than I would post here. So this is your primary board, maybe you should think for yourself instead of reading what others have to say on this board lol.

    I told you I didnt have any hate for the area, yet you persist that I do, so why do you keep making unfounded acqusations. Im pretty sure I know Julius Jones better than anyone on here including you and happen to be a good friend of the guy and his cousin. However, Im still a bears fan and thats not going to change my opinion. I have mine and you have yours, there are no agendas here from me. Im just saying how I feel. Do I think Chris Harris sucks or Daniel Manning? Yeah, and they are from Lousiana and Texas. [censored] I really hate those places. [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img]

    Winslow would have been a pro bowler in any league that didnt have Gates or Gonzalez in it. He played for the browns. So if you are going to knock Winslows stats for the browns then dont make excuses for TJ in Arizona. I say hes top 3. He would have been picked over Shockey, no doubt about that. Miami fans would say the same thing. Shockey got the nod as the NFC starter.

  8. #128
    HB Forum Owner R0cketer's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    7,632
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Thomas Jones = SW VA pride

    Hey Mega, fire out one more nick and you can post all you want on the Bears boards.

    I give you numbers, I back up what I say, sorry that it doesn't jive with your opinion.

    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

  9. #129
    Inactive Member pvfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,518
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Thomas Jones = SW VA pride

    I'm trying to find a way to go down there, not looking good right now though. Anybody got any great ideas? Other than ebay? Ebay has them by the hundreds but it's like 3-4 grand a ticket.
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]

  10. #130
    Inactive Member imported_mega's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2004
    Posts
    5,094
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Thomas Jones = SW VA pride

    dude, i really dont care to be honest with ya, you can go ahead and ban me if you want. Its not my fault you dont like me for posting my opinion. I talk about sports and you want to talk about me personally disliking the dude so you wanna make it personal, we can make it personal.

    You gave me numbers and you backed them up, I gave you numbers and I backed them up. Sorry that doesnt jive with your opinion. It doesnt make you any better than me to insinuate that I have something against people around here. Not one time in this post did I say anything negative towards Thomas Jones, yet you act like I want to burn the guys house down or something.

    Go F yourself.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •